New York - Vereinigte Staaten - CDI - NON FIXED TERM
The Retail Allocator will support the Retail North America business through the management and optimization of the inventory levels within the network, at the store and style level. The role demands an analytical and entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to work in a fast-paced growing company within a multicultural environment. The Kooples is committed to offering growth potential and seeks a candidate who strives to exceed expectations.
You will be reporting to the Buying & Planning Manager and will work closely with the Retail, Ecommerce and Logistics departments, as well as the teams in stores.
- Pull data and generate weekly, monthly, seasonal and periodic reporting on by style by store selling. Create sales-to-stock analysis and make recommendations on actionable strategies (increased/decreased depth, store transfers, replenishment, etc.) to optimize inventory, collection sell-through and meet business plans.
- Adjust store allocation (both breadth and depth) based on current trends and store feedback on inventory needs and selling opportunities along with understanding ecommerce needs.
- Manage initial allocation and implementation of new collections into stores, and adapt by analyzing historical and current style, product category and size selling. Follow up with Logistics and Retail teams to ensure proper execution.
- Communicate with cross-functional teams and store teams new collection implementation strategy (planned delivery cadence, store category, sizing, pricing) at the beginning of the season and provide weekly updates.
- Create seasonal collection recaps and identify best-selling styles, silhouettes, colors, fabrics, fits, price brackets by product category, etc. to be used for future buys.
- Support and assist the Buying & Planning Department in the following subjects: markdown/promotion/recall strategies, product knowledge training and order pad creations for department stores, competitive analysis on pricing and assortment, marketing initiatives such as launches of special collections and exclusive capsules, etc.
Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in allocation or planning.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel required (v-lookups, pivot tables, complex formulas, etc.) and proficiency in retail math.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail. Strong sense of organization, priority and efficiency. Ability to respond and adapt to quickly evolving and changing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills supporting a multicultural team environment (appreciation of French culture a plus)
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines while using analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills